- What inspired you to pursue a career in music, and when did you first realize you wanted to be a musician?
I was young when I realized I wanted to pursue music. Really young but I can’t recall the age. I became inspired by Michael Jackson, Lil Wayne , Nicki Minaj & many more. Micheal was the first to inspire me deeply though. When I was around 12 or so, I was extremely depressed. Listening to his albums helped me get through some of my darkest times. I would say to myself I want to help people the way MJ did for me. That's how it all started.
- What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced as an emerging artist, and how have you overcome them?
Some of my biggest challenges I’ve had was loving myself the way that I am, and not caring about what others think of me. I’ve overcame some of my insecurities with time & practice. Learning to love myself and spending time with myself. Overtime my self worth came alive an I stand on that.
- Who are some of your biggest musical influences, and how have they shaped your sound and style?
My biggest musical influences are MJ, Nicki Minaj , J.Cole, Anita Baker, Tina Turner, Smokey Robinson , Prince& many more. My music is motivational & influential because of them. They have shaped me to be a soulful artist, down to earth.
- How do you approach the songwriting process, and where do you draw inspiration from for your lyrics and melodies?
Most of my lyrics comes from my experiences in life. Once I hear the beat I just write what comes to me. I never try to think too hard.
- What can listeners expect from your upcoming album or project, and how does it differ from your previous work?
Anyone whose listening to my music, can expect vulnerability. I'm focused on telling my story through my eyes, my truth. I’ve waited for so long to be okay with my truth, now I'm here an I want to tell it all plainly unapologetically.
- How has your background or life experiences influenced your music and artistic vision?
Well to be honest my background & experiences have influenced my life all the way around. I’m strong now because I was once hurt. I’m wise now because I was once ignorant. My music have changed for the better because I was once young & lacked the experience.
- Can you talk about a particularly memorable or inspiring performance you've had, and what made it special?
I remember once at church I was praise dancing an everyone stood up when I got to dancing. Now I realized why, it was because of the powerful way that I was dancing. That day was special to because I new then that I could be big one day.
- What do you hope listeners take away from your music, and what message do you want to convey through your art?
I want listeners to understand that life is to short, don’t hang onto regrets. I want them to understand nobody is perfect including me. Keep going keep pushing, find yourself an love your self. Forgive those that hurt you, forgive yourself. An always I mean always keep your cup empty, a wise person once said “A wise person that knows everything knows he/she knows nothing at all”.
- How has the music industry changed since you first started, and how have you adapted to those changes as an artist?
Well its changed because of the internet, I personally love the way it is now. We don’t have to depend on a label. I’ve adapted well to the new industry changes.
- What advice would you give to other emerging artists who are just starting out in the industry?
I once met fabulous an I asked him the same question. There was an event going on at Leimert Park an he was there. I was thinking hard about what’s the best question to ask him. So I asked “what is some of the best advice you can give me as an up coming artist”. He said “FOCUS ON YOUR CRAFT”. Till this day that’s what I’ve been doing. If you're serious about your music focus on it 100%.