- What inspired me to pursue a career in music was actually falling in love wit hip hop at an early age being influenced by legends from the past and living legends of today also growing up with my pops who played hip hop non stop on loud speakers was a heavy influence it was always in my ear and hearing the lifes,trials,tribulations and triumphs I could relate to a lot of that but also I felt like I can go deeper I can take it to a place it hasn’t reached yet nd create a outlet for myself and others to do dey stuff but on a positive note with a Positive out come nd results to match.
What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced as an emerging artist, and how have you overcome them?
- The biggest challenges I’ve had as an emerging artist thus far is Staying Focused on the music and not getting caught up in the shit life throw atchu when you releasing a certain way of living to began a more positive approach to living that comes with a lot of demons you gotta shake and it took some time but I shook dem demons loose but it wasn’t easy it’s still a fight and it’s always gon b one but ima Soulja and we gon Soulja up and win every time. So in short I overcame by not giving up pushing forward whether win lose or maybe.
Who are some of your biggest musical influences, and how have they shaped your sound and style?
- I have a few but ima narrow it down to Tupac - koz of his power in his voice his rawness with the truth and his ability to see it through the eyes of the listener and make you feel ‘em koz he feel you. Marvin Gaye - koz of his voice the songs he made that made you wanna love and enjoy yo significant other with full passion and then his political social pocket he could hit that’ll give you chills and tears. Kevin Gates - Koz of writing abilities they way he craft songs together and his street poetry I can relate to 100% feel like a foreword from a big brotha and his versatility I never heard gates stay in one pocket. T Da GMB - I haven’t heard a Rapper with bars that hard and able to make a dope song since Lil’wayne his verses is unmatched and every time he drop somethin he shut it down the smoothest formulas I seen personally crafted for music releases and I get to work wit em personally and dat keeps me sharp and makes us greater and I get to call em brother. Those artist help shape my sound and style in very intricate ways but I can’t give up the sauce lol just keep watching greatness unfold and become a die hard supporter.
How do you approach the songwriting process, and where do you draw inspiration from for your lyrics and melodies?
- I approach the songwriting simple I run thru a ton of beats and let em talk to me the ones dat I talk back to iz the ones I pick it dnt take long to pick eitha 3-7 seconds into beat if it don’t catch you it ain’t it and draw my lyrics from real life my life is a movie I just don’t get paid to act yet lol but yes I draw from reality majority of times I’m the participant being the main subject sometimes I’m the fly in the wall and sometimes it’s a story with a purpose to reach you but it’s all drawing from a real place real passion and being a real human in my skin so sometimes it’s ruff sometimes it’s rugged sometimes it’s glorious sometimes it’s angry,violent and then sometimes is love passion sexy maniac bravdo inspirational so many ranges I jus dive in koz it so many layers to SBJr. I haven’t even explored my full potential.
What can listeners expect from your upcoming album or project, and how does it differ from your previous work?
- What listeners can expect from the new work is fire a different level of hungry a deeper perspective in life situations and story’s better beats better production more exploration on enhancing the sound & it differs from my previous work because I developed even more as an emerging artist I’m more in tune more in sync and aligned to give you some of the best music your going to hear from this Generation.
How has your background or life experiences influenced your music and artistic vision?
- It had an 100% impact on my music and artistic vision cause I really lived this music and I really used my mic to express my life whether it be the good bad and the ugly .
Can you talk about a particularly memorable or inspiring performance you've had, and what made it special?
- Yes a memorable performance I had was when I thru my own show in remembrance of my brother it meant a lot to me i funded it and put Artist on the show as well and it turnt out great and it was my first time doing but everything worked out smooth and at the end I was proud to complete and also perform at a dope successful event.
What do you hope listeners take away from your music, and what message do you want to convey through your art?
- I want listeners to take away every bit of human emotion you can feel from my music I wanna inspire the corner boy trying to get off the block and the Fortune 5000 CEO to get another billion to make his business grow even more and that ladi on the bus wit her four kids gotta b at work at 2 but can’t get to the sitter til 1 but need to go to the store to get diapers wid barely any money on the tanf card you feel me I want people to get taking pride in calling they self a Soulja and proud inspired and taken by the universal Soulja human muzik performed and created by none betta than Staceybealzjr
How has the music industry changed since you first started, and how have you adapted to those changes as an artist?
- It changed a lot more digital more about everything other than the music and more fake but just like a animal in the jungle you gotta adapt or perish and I adapted by understanding what’s goin but also staying true to wad I believe and stand on & not break bend or fold those principles for no 1 not a penny or a cent.
What advice would you give to other emerging artists who are just starting out in the industry?
- The advice I would give is build yo team first who believe in it more than you do Putting money behind your music marketing 1st and last Keep yo circle small work hard don’t quit and know that everything gon come atchu to not you off center stay down and complete the mission Souljaz only I’ll see you at the finish line