- What inspired you to pursue a career in music, and when did you first realize you wanted to be a musician?
My dad was into music so it was in my blood honestly I didn’t start writing music until like 12 or 13 .
- What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced as an emerging artist, and how have you overcome them?
Standing up for what I believe in and staying different. It’s so hard to loose yourself in music and life in general . People always like to box female artist into one category so just being myself is how I started to overcome these challenges.
- Who are some of your biggest musical influences, and how have they shaped your sound and style?
90s love music is what influenced me the most I love music that has messages and makes you feel good . I always try to make sure every song is different and also has a good message for the people who listens to my music.z
- How do you approach the songwriting process, and where do you draw inspiration from for your lyrics and melodies?
- What can listeners expect from your upcoming album or project, and how does it differ from your previous work
Man my current project soft girl which is out now is totally different from what I usually make . It’s soft it’s classy it’s a vibe every song is good and unique in its own way and I love it .
- How has your background or life experiences influenced your music and artistic vision?
My life has always been a journey but a very beautiful one . I don’t like to think negative about nothing in my past because I believe your flaws and mistakes is what makes you beautiful and it also allows me to be able to tell multiple stories from all different aspects of life. I was always different and practically shy and very silly once you get to know me so using music to be able to articulate my feelings and emotions is the best thing about songwriting .
- Can you talk about a particularly memorable or inspiring performance you've had, and what made it special?
a cypher I did honestly it was a big deal to me because I never wanted to ever do cyphers ! I always thought it was hard and scary but I overcame that and did a great job and now cyphers are my favorite thing to do just because I get to articulate my words and practice different breathing techniques and also show how talented I am from a raw vocal standpoint .
- What do you hope listeners take away from your music, and what message do you want to convey through your art?
I want to show women and men that’s it’s okay to love and care for one another. I think my generation is so used to allowing the world to label us as a people . We have lost who we are and honestly I think we never knew … I want to be able to show a different light on brown people in a positive way and I think it’s truly possible .
- How has the music industry changed since you first started, and how have you adapted to those changes as an artist?
Everything is fake .. everybody is followers no originality and I don’t like it not one bit as a female artist that truly work hard on her music and trying to push real messages it gets overlooked . It wasn’t always like this but I have faith that one day things will change for the better .
- What advice would you give to other emerging artists who are just starting out in the industry?
Be yourself have faith and god and allow him to direct your life and path in this life. Work hard at everything you do and don’t limit yourself be open to learn new skills in life and stand on something positive .