- What inspired you to pursue a career in music, and when did you first realize you wanted to be a musician?
I grew up listening to hip-hop/rap and finding the new songs and learning all the lyrics. I was always fascinated by how artists put words together using metaphors and how certain artists' fashion sense complemented their music. These factors inspired me to pursue a career in music.
- What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced as an emerging artist, and how have you overcome them?
Self-doubt is my biggest challenge. Sometimes, I feel like I should be getting more recognition than I do now, and that can affect my consistency in releasing music or putting out content. Every now and then, I have to remind myself that my music won't connect with everyone, and I should be appreciative of the people who appreciate my work.
- Who are some of your biggest musical influences, and how have they shaped your sound and style?
Jay-Z, J. Cole, Dipset, Mac Miller, and A$AP Rocky are my biggest musical influences. Dipset and A$AP Rocky got me into fashion, vintage pieces, and thrifting. Jay-Z and J.Cole are my favorite rappers, and their ability to tell relatable stories influences me to stay true to myself. Mac Miller's ability to create feel-good music and his transition from being a rapper to an all-around artist inspired my style.
- How do you approach the songwriting process, and where do you draw inspiration from for your lyrics and melodies?
When writing songs, I start with the verse and feed off of how the instrumental makes me feel. I draw inspiration from my experiences and future plans.
- What can listeners expect from your upcoming album or project, and how does it differ from your previous work?
Listeners can expect good quality music from my upcoming project. My previous work was rushed, and I would release songs without proper mastering. With my current focus on taking my craft seriously, listeners can hear the improvement in the quality of my music.
- How have your background and life experiences influenced your music and artistic vision?
My background and life experiences have played a significant role in shaping my music and artistic vision. They have made me who I am today, and I draw inspiration from them to create authentic and relatable content.
- Can you talk about a particularly memorable or inspiring performance you've had, and what made it special?
Back in 2018, I was part of a group called Public Koncept, and we held our own show. The show was memorable and inspiring because it was something that me and my friends built from the ground up. We had songs that were gaining traction on SoundCloud, and people supported what we did not only for us but for other artists as well.
- What do you hope listeners take away from your music, and what message do you want to convey through your art?
I want my listeners to understand that if they create something, it's okay to share it and make experiences for themselves. The message I want to convey is to go for the life you want and do what makes you happy.
- How has the music industry changed since you first started, and how have you adapted to those changes as an artist?
I feel like the music industry has become more focused on going viral for clout, while artists with real talent and passion for their craft are often overlooked. As an artist, I try to stay true to myself and my art and focus on creating quality content.
- What advice would you give to other emerging artists who are just starting out in the industry?
My advice would be to get a solid team behind you, plan your moves and steps, and push your music everywhere. Don't just limit your beliefs to your hometown.