- What inspired you to pursue a career in music, and when did you first realize you wanted to be a musician?
I’ve been a musician since a young age, what inspired me to pursue a music career was just being around others who do music, and I picked up on the ins and outs so fast, so I just kept going.
- What are some of the biggest challenges you've faced as an emerging artist, and how have you overcome them?
I would say, for me personally, being a regular person and still having to deal with life. As an independent artist, you pretty much have to do everything until you build a team. I will overcome this by networking and building working relationships.
- Who are some of your biggest musical influences, and how have they shaped your sound and style?
My biggest influence would be the Atlanta sound. You know, a lot of melodies and harmonizing. On the other hand, I like being lyrical and having punchlines, so I like Lil Wayne and Cyhi the Prynce. I like to mix the two concepts in my music.
- How do you approach the songwriting process, and where do you draw inspiration from for your lyrics and melodies?
I always start with the hook, anything with music has to have a good base and I feel like the hook is the base where most people should begin. Most of my music is based on experiences. My lyrics will always have a time period or an experience.
- What can listeners expect from your upcoming album or project, and how does it differ from your previous work?
My next project will be 6 to 7 songs, and it will be my best work overall. An assortment of different beats and approaches on how I apply myself in each track.
- How has your background or life experiences influenced your music and artistic vision?
My background is my number one influence. My family is musically inclined, even though no one made it big. It is still something that is common for anyone I’m related to. I often mention family or friends in my lyrics.
- Can you talk about a particularly memorable or inspiring performance you've had, and what made it special?
My favorite performance so far, is when I performed at a friend group of mine pop-up shop. It was special because it was purely built by the team and it turned out great. I am glad I was a part of something new.
- What do you hope listeners take away from your music, and what message do you want to convey through your art?
I hope my music makes people feel good. I want people to be in a good mood after listening to me. I advocate for good vibes and energy.
- How has the music industry changed since you first started, and how have you adapted to those changes as an artist?
I have not had too many industry experiences yet but, I hear the biggest thing to know, is having knowledge on the business side and making connections.
- What advice would you give to other emerging artists who are just starting out in the industry?
Just keep going, nothing in life ever happens day one. There will be ups and downs, just maintain and continue to strive towards your goals and aspirations.